Accordia Training Partnership Ltd has created this Data Protection Policy to show our commitment to the privacy of the details that you provide us when using our services.
We need to collect and use certain types of personal information about the people we deal with, such as current, past and prospective employees, associates, suppliers, clients. We may also need to collect, use and share some personal data to comply with the law and requirements of government departments, agencies and regulators.
Data Protection Legislation requires us to comply with a number of important principles regarding the privacy and disclosure of this information. We believe this is critical to maintain our stakeholders’ confidence.
- Use any personal data collected by the Company only in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
- Obtain and process personal data fairly and lawfully.
- Only collect and process the personal information needed to carry out our business or to comply with any legal requirements or legitimate interest.
- Hold personal data records that are as accurate as possible.
- Not keep personal data for longer than necessary for the specified purpose.
- Process personal data in accordance with the rights of the data subject.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information and avoid unauthorised access, loss and/or damage.
- Not transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area unless the destination ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights of the data subjects.
- Inform individuals of their rights to see the personal information we hold about them.
In addition, we will ensure that:
- there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation;
- we regularly review how we handle personal information;
- the ways we handle personal information are clearly described;
- everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good practice;
- everyone handling personal information is appropriately trained and properly supervised;
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do; and;
- queries about handling personal information are deal with promptly and courteously.
All our employees and associates have a role to play in enforcing the policy and are required to deal with any observed or reported breaches. Should employees and associates feel apprehensive about their own safety in regard to addressing any breach, they should seek senior management support.
Overall responsibility for policy implementation and review rests with the Company Directors. However, all employees and associates are required to adhere to and support the implementation of the policy.
The Company has informed all existing employees and associates about this policy and their role in its implementation.
The Directors will give all new employees and associates notice of the policy on induction to the Company.